Creel cottage, Dairy House and The Old Cheeseloft are ideally situated as a base for you to explore the best of South West Scotlands attractions and whats on offer.
- Chocolate Factory
If chocolate is your world….chocolate workshops, indoor and outdoor play areas, café and visitor shop.
- Cream o Galloway, icecream making, fun activities both indoors and outdoors with nature walks and lots more.
- golfing available at Brighouse Bay or in Kirkcudbright
- Country and coastal walking
- Rock climbing at Meikle Ross
- The Wickerman festival (July 25th&26th)
- Pony trekking at Brighouse Bay
- Commonwealth Games 2014 (Glasgow)
- Kirkcudbright Summer Festivities
- Swimming pools at Kirkcudbright
- Whisky distillery (Bladnoch Wigtown)
- Sulwath brewers
- Galloway and Southern Ayrshire UNESCO Biosphere
- Barstobrick Visitor Centre,
wildlife walks, horse riding, coffee shop, fishing and local heritage.
- Logan botanical gardens
- Galloway Activity Centre at Loch Ken
- Galloway Forest Park
- Mill on the Fleet exhibition centre
- 7stanes mountain biking
- Park farms
- Threave Gardens
- Cally gardens, Gatehouse of Fleet
- Mull of Galloway experience
- Galloway Kite trail
- Historic Scotland
- Mersehead Nature Reserve
- Sandy beaches at Brighouse Bay, Carrick Bay
- Laggan Outdoor Activity Centre
- Visit Dumfries and Galloway
- Southern scotlands annual country fair
- Visitor info for southern scotland
- Galloway wild foods
- Museums and galleries
- Gem Rock Museum
- Visit Scotland
- and many many more…………….
After an action packed day, on return to Creel Cottage, Dairy House or The Old Cheeseloft you could take the BBQ across the lane onto the shoreline gardens, or the bay and enjoy sizzling steaks, or freshly caught local fish whilst listening to the sound of the sea and waves lapping the shore only metres from the doors of the cottages!
There are plentiful places for fine dining, bar suppers, fresh fish & chips, local cafes and bakeries in the area.